Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our first featured artist is...

When we needed help with our logo, we knew just the man to call. Sethy McCarroll is one of the coolest, creative and kindest people you will ever meet.

Sethy will be peddling his screen printed designs at Dustbowl. Here are some things you should know about him.

Dustbowl: What is your businesses name?
Sethy McCarroll: Hi, I'm Sethy.

DB: What do you make?
SM: I do print design, serigraphy, business identity and logo design.

DB: How did you get started?
SM: Well, as a child, I really liked drawing pictures of tanks and dinosaurs. I guess that's how it all really started.

DB: How long have you been creating?
SM: Since I was 15. My best friend Timothy and I found some rudimentary screen printing supplies in our high school art class' closet. The first thing we made was a print of a pretty tough looking skull.

DB: What inspires you most?
SM: Joy, peacefulness, my friends and family. Also, erudite babies.

DB: What is your favorite thing to create?
SM: Good conversation with good people.

DB: What is your day job?
SM: I work in a t-shirt print shop. I do a little bit of everything, and a whole lot of sweating.

DB: If you were a color, what color would you be?
SM: Fresh Avocado.

DB: What is your favorite thing in the world?
SM: Waking up and thinking it's monday but it's actually some other wonderful weekend day.

DB: Where is your favorite place in the world?
SM: In the presence of my family.

DB: What is your favorite meal?
SM: My mom's Lasagna paired with my sister's Salad.

DB: Why do you want to be a part of Dustbowl?
SM: I'm quite fond of the idea of getting to share my work in such close vicinity of other great artists. Frankly, I'm honored to be invited.

Thanks for sharing with us
Sethy! You're awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment