Tuesday, August 18, 2009

As Seen at the Smithsonian!

Up next we have a super talented photographer by the name of Clinton Dean Bowman. He was recently selected to be part of an exhibit at the Smithsonian! We are thrilled to have him show at Dustbowl.
Dustbowl: How did you get started?
Clinton Bowman: I had been around photography since I was a small child, when my mother was taking classes at the local community college. Which prompted me to take pictures with my Ninja Turtles 35 mm camera. During high school, I forewent any other electives and simply stuck to photography classes. Then when in my sophomore year of college, I decided I wanted to pursue a B.F.A. in photography.

DB: What inspires you most?
CB: Honestly, I am not sure I could peg one thing. My experience has been such that if I keep my eyes open, then I will probably find something that inspires me.

DB: What is your favorite thing to create?
CB: I have been thinking about this for nearly five minutes, and I keep wanting to write sandwiches. I must be hungry, but I really love making sandwiches. There is such a hierarchy.

DB: If you were a color, what color would you be?
CB: I would hope that it would be turquoise.

DB: Your favorite thing in the world?
CB: A challenge.

DB: Your favorite place in the world?
CB: That I have been to, Ireland. That I want to go, Spain.

DB: Top three, living, people you would want to meet?
CB: Bill Murray, President Obama, John Baldessari.

DB: Why did you apply to be a part of Dustbowl? I am really excited to have more opportunities for talented Oklahoma artists, and to be a part of a new event lead by forward thinking "art-repentuers".

Please visit Clinton's site www.clintondean.net to check out his work and come see him in person on August 29th!

No comments:

Post a Comment