Saturday, August 15, 2009

Feather by Feather

Julia, of Feather by Feather, is a creative whiz who's line of feather accessories are guaranteed to bring effortless glamour to any girls life.


Dustbowl: How did you get started?
Feather by Feather: I've always been a crafter of sorts, my whims taking me here and there quite often. My latest passion has been hair accessories that are vintage-inspired, but easily wearable.

DB: What do you make?
FBF: Feathered headbands and headpieces that are reminiscent of the 1920s "fascinators" without being so over-the-top that they are reserved for formal events only. I like to think that I have a headband for every occasion...even if it's just grocery shopping. As a busy mom, I try to find moments of glamour where I can, and as often as I can!


DB: What inspires you most?
FBF: My husband...I managed to find the one crazy man who actually encourages my flights of fancy! And loves me all the more for it.


DB: Your favorite thing to create?
FBF: Wispy and whimsy bridal feather pieces using vintage jewelry.


DB: If you were a color, what color would you be?
FBF: Brown...rich, comfortable, and familiar.


DB: Your favorite thing in the world?
FBF: iTunes. Seriously...I don't know how I'd create without my massive catalogue of music.


DB: Your favorite place in the world?
FBF: Stillwater, OK...where my husband and I fell in love.


DB: Your favorite meal?
FBF: Medium Rare Rib-eye from Texas Roadhouse. Yeah baby.


DB: Why do you want to be a part of Dustbowl?
FBF: I want to be a part of ANYTHING that fosters the creative spirit in Oklahoma! I'm constantly amazed by the incredible people I meet at these events.


Thanks for sharing with us Julia! Can't wait to purchase a feather band for the fall.

You can check out more of Julia's work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment